Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Forester 2006 XT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

How do I replace my 2006 XT Forester's heater control assembly? Does anybody have a walkthrough, which panel to start with, etc.? Do I need to disconnect the battery,or is it just "plug and play"?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,796 Posts
@Ergely curious... why are you replacing the unit?

It's always recommended to disconnect the battery whenever you work on vehicle electrical or electronics.

Take a look at this write up in my Member Journal. It's for my audio upgrade, but it does cover the removal of the HVAC panel.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
Forester 2006 XT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bobby!

It's not working properly, especially during winter time. For example the heating doesn't always work, the fan stops or slows down significantly. But if I only use the ac everything is fine. I took to a local subaru service and they suggested me to replace it. So I got a brand new one and trying to replace it.

Thanks! I will look into your write up!

By the way... it's not this topic but maybe you can help me. My SLS suspension died and looking to replace it. I was thinking about coilovers like BC Racing (BR-RA) or Tein (Endurapro Plus) but can't decide. I don't want to lower my XT - at least not much -, and I don't need a very bouncy car too, because the roads here in Hungary are crap.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,796 Posts
By the way... it's not this topic but maybe you can help me. My SLS suspension died and looking to replace it. I was thinking about coilovers like BC Racing (BR-RA) or Tein (Endurapro Plus) but can't decide. I don't want to lower my XT - at least not much -, and I don't need a very bouncy car too, because the roads here in Hungary are crap.
@Ergely no first hand experience on that. No SLS suspension on either of our Foresters & we're still on the stock suspension with upgraded front & rear sway bars.

You can ask your suspension questions here:
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts