Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
@highland forry

Hi Andy, I didn't oven them in the end. I went down the Lockheed route of squidge from a gun. I just ordered the stuff off Amazon, pretty much filled the groove with it and squeezed it all back together, so far it's fine!

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,936 Posts
@Lockheed
Hey Will.
I am going to swap the whole unit but want to spray the chrome surrounds black. I hate chrome.

·
Registered
2007 LL Bean Edition
3 Posts
I'm resealing my headlights with the Morimoto retrorubber and trying to use the bake method. One question though: Do I need to remove all wires, bulbs, etc before baking? It's unclear how and what to remove before putting them in the oven in the various writeups I've seen.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,971 Posts
@pmccello
This thread had a great writeup but all the info has been withdrawn by the author :( - @Kevin Did a moderator/Admin remove the info or did the author? It appears every single post he made has been redacted :(

If you don't find your answer on this forum, there's a ton of info here available and old The Retrofit Source Videos on YouTube (Think 5+ years ago)

Edit @The Hoff did a headlight retrofit and should be able to answer your question

·
Registered
2005 Forester Sti
323 Posts
You dont need to remove anything, its only to get the assemblies a bit warmer to help soften the butyl rubber.

You could use a hair drier instead but leaving them in an oven set to 60degC for 10/15mins gives a more uniform heat and is just easier.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts