Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru forestor 4eat X edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm posting about something I've found a problem with on my 2006 Subaru Forester X edition. Ive noticed a drop in mileage recently and then went checking and found a leaking gas tank, now it was leaking from something I didn't know I had which was a Fuel Tank Drain Plug. I'm wondering about getting that replace or just making a new gasket of some sort. On the service manual its not very descriptive. Listed below is images of my findings. Has anyone found or heard of the correct part numbers for this part? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,754 Posts
G'day & Welcome @AWDtireking
Pls complete your profile; thanks
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not..

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,439 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
837 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
837 Posts
What I've done in the past is call the parts department of the local Subaru and ask if they stock a part, and throw them the part number. They can then look that part up in their computer (instead of having to go through the trouble of seeding them the VIN and having THEM search through all the diagrams)

If they don't have it, they can order it in. I've never had to pay extra for them to order it in for me, and usually only took a couple of days.

(I just did a google search for the part and there are several online subaru retailers that are selling it. But shipping is likely 20x what the part is worth)

·
Registered
2006 Subaru forestor 4eat X edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I found diagrams like that and called my local dealer, didn't think they would be selling parts for my 14 year old forester. The guy on the phone had never heard of it before, but I got a washer and new bolt ordered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts