Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to this site and I just got an 2006 Forester about 4 months ago and my warranty expired so i decided to do some fixing of my own.

I tried to fix my heated seats and everything went terribly wrong. I ended up taking out some wiring dead wires and now my 6 CD player wont play CD's anymore. I also managed to dim my dash board lights even though i don't have a dim switch.

Can anyone help me?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,797 Posts
You do have a light dimmer. It's located on the turn signal stalk. :wink:

What do you mean by taking out "dead wires"? As to your CD player not working. Have you checked for blown fuses? :confused:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

·
Registered
2006 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i used to have one and then the dealership took it out when they fixed my radio for some reason.

And i took out some wires that were going to my heated seats one end was jammed into my radio fuse. I checked with a mechanic and he said the wire had no power to it and didn't work so i just took it out.

The CD player works the radio works good its just when I go to play one of the six CDs it ejects them every time and wont play them anymore.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and ill check again on that dimmer because I think I do have that. before it was under my trail light button.

Thank you

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
It may just be the player itself, they have been known to have CD issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts