Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5spd
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely need to buy the manual for the car. Looking at tying air horns into the horn system and I noticed the horns aren't where they are on the other subies I have had. They located in the bumper on this year model or something?

Of course next I need to buy a left side fog light, one on the car has a large hole in the lens, the bulbs are dead in both.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
662 Posts
There are 2 horns and they are located in the general vicinity of both fog lamps. Underneath in front of each front wheel is a black plastic splash cover that needs a few clips removed and then you can fold back the cover without removing it to get to both the foglamps and horns.

Search for foglamp replacement threads as they will have more detailed instructions of getting into that area. Also, there are lots of threads regarding aftermarket horns, specifically Hella Supertones, so you should be able to find good info regarding possible upgraded wiring and capacitors etc. for the air horn.

I've replaced both a foglamp housing and a horn, and although the area is easy to get to, you need to lay on your back, have good lighting, and put up with a tight workspace.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5spd
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I already have the hella's, I put a set in every car I drive these days (and on motorcycles too if possible). With all the people who have their tunes cranked while talking on their cellphones, nothing short of an air horns gets people's attention these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts