Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2006 Forester (NS) fog lamp bulb replacement woes.

('03-'05) 
3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  reedrainey 
#1 ·
Hello!

I've recently bought a Forester (2.0 N/A) which I've wanted for ages.

it's ace, but as I work through various issues that need resolving, I find that I JUST CANNOT for the ruddy N/S fog lamp bulb changed!!

It's presumably meant to turn in the housing and come out (HB4 bulb?), but it simply will not turn. I unscrewed the housing/lamp from it's one bolt mounting but there doesn't seem to be space to get it out though the (very tight) access point in the undertray due to various stuff around the lamp (horn?, washer bottle etc).

I'm stuck.

Any ideas would be ace!

Adam

#2 ·
Assuming it is a Facelift model (MY06).

The foglights are held in by one bolt (that you found) and a bumper clip on the upper side which AFAIK requires the removal of the bumper face to get to.
They are also handed left and right.

Bulb should just rotate, but only one way depending upon which side ( wiring to move inwards ??)

#9 ·
#7 ·
Fog lights on my04 STi

Just wondering does my04 STi have fogs behind the covers? As wouldn't mind using them this time of year.

I don't want to remove the covers and perhaps damage the clips with my sausage fingers to find out there aren't any.

Cheers
Andy HF

#11 ·
I wouldn't worry too much...most front fog lights are utterly useless. So much so, I haven't used any in a decade or more, except for when I acquire a new vehicle and switch them on to confirm they are useless.

It came as quite a shock last year to have the mot tester tell me BOTH fog lights are non functional on my Forester and that under the new MOT rules (now in force) it will be an MOT fail :surprise:

p.s. a straw poll in the mot station found that nobody there used front fog lights either

#12 ·
Having a miserable time working on my new Forester. So far it is the complete opposite from my old Legacy in terms of ease of working on.

Fog lamps (got one out finally) are a complete PITA.

Even worse is the front ARB bushes which I had to give up on since one of the sub frame bolts (the second nearest the rear of the car) locked up which trying to get it out. Wasted 30 minutes getting it back in.

Sub frame off to do arb bushes? Yuck.

:(

#15 ·
Hi, I hope you haven't bought a replacement for your fog lights, yet...just happened to see your post this morning. I think u should go to Subispeed and get some H.I.D. bulbs and accommodating housing for your Forester. Now I'm using Philips lo-beam H.I.D.s in connection w H.I.D. fogs of the same Kelvin range. Suggest the 6000K choice. Wonderful combinations. The fogs will run you about $300 and the Phillips lo-beams less.

Bob
FL

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.