Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2006 Subaru forester base model, it seems lately that when the Air conditioner is on the car does not have as much accelerating power, and at least once when coming off an exit to a stop, then accelerating to continue, the car kind of bogged down and was very slow. shut the air off and was fine again. any suggestions, maybe need new spark plugs ? , air filter ? current mileage is 57,000 :icon_razz: thanks for any help

·
Registered
01 Forester "S" (FS)
518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
And, do you get a Check Engine Light (CEL)? If you do, did you get a chance to read it, an what code did it show?

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
First welcome, hope we can help you with your problem.

Be patient with the responses not everyone will see it immediately (time zones) and we have some members with knowledge much greater than mine.:biggrin: I will not be offended either if someone has another and more correct solution:icon_biggrin:

I will suggest that you do consider replacing the spark plugs in the near future as part of a tune up. I am going to suggest that it may be an electrical issue possibly caused by a weak battery. Even though the car starts and runs, once you turn on the air, there is more load on the electrical system and the ignition coils may not be getting enough power, resulting in a weaker spark and loss of power. What I'd first suggest you try is that if you have access to a battery charger, you give the battery some time on it to recharge. driving a car will not charge a battery to full Please disconnect the battery before charging. If the car performs better, I'd still recommend new plugs. If the problem returns later, you may be facing having to replace the battery. Everyone has different luck with a battery some have replaced them within two years and some have gotten 8-10 years, it's a roll of the dice.

Like I said others will chime in so stay tuned periodically.

If you decide to stay around and check us out, please fill out more of your Profile to indicate a location other than CT.:cool:

·
Registered
2006 forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i'll try the battery, have not changed it since new, its a 2006. i guess i'll try new plugs to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts