Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And then you let him put on a trans cooler? You really need to tell everyone the name of the business that botched that very simple job.
All the installations were done privately and before I went to be tuned, no shops...
The tuner did not install anything on my car, just tuned it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just dropped it off at the dealership. As soon as I mentioned warranty, they went into defensive mode and said "you have an aftermarket exhaust back there don't you...so don't count on warranty coverage".
And this is after I said that I would like to purchase an install a bunch of parts from their aftermarket parts store, which didn't help a bit.

As soon as they call me I will let you know what's the damage

·
Registered
04 Forester STi
2,118 Posts
I just dropped it off at the dealership. As soon as I mentioned warranty, they went into defensive mode and said "you have an aftermarket exhaust back there don't you...so don't count on warranty coverage".
And this is after I said that I would like to purchase an install a bunch of parts from their aftermarket parts store, which didn't help a bit.

As soon as they call me I will let you know what's the damage
Keep us updated !!!

Jennifer

·
Registered
2002 Forester L Automagical
314 Posts
Silke did have an STI auto trans, she might hook you up!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Update

Just got my fxt back from the dealer, they swapped my 4eat tranny with a new one under warranty, and I am very pleased with that to say the least :banana:
They said it was a faulty ring & pinion and that is was a Subaru defect, go figure :shrug:

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for ya!!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
13 Posts
What tuner did you take it to and what dyno did they use? My 4EAT FXT suffered some front diff damage from a run on i-speed's Dynapack a couple years ago which resulted in similar symptoms (they couldn't figure out how to lock the diff into a 50/50 split).
I had a similar experience with '05FXT-4EAT where the shop could't get rear wheels to keep up with front, so I called John at IPT(Import Performance Transmission in New Jersey, where I had the tranny built), and he said the transmission controller disengages the rear drive when there is no speed difference with front, to save gas. The solution is to install the Multi-Plate Transfer Clutch lock-up switch mod, so you can flip a switch and lock rear drive to front with the MPT in the transmission. I've set mine up to use the parking light switch on the steering column as MPT lock-up switch. No problems for a year now - works for me. Attached are the instructions.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts