Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm replacing the head gaskets on my '06 forester 2.5l non-turbo SOHC (EJ25). Just got the heads back from the machine shop.

However, the machine shop sent me back the rocker assembly and rocker cap separated from the cylinder head (I sent them assembled). I am now trying to reassemble them but I can't figure out where these four pins go (see attached image). I was able figure out where two of them go. No luck with other two (I'm thinking it's 4 for each assembly/cylinder head.

Any help is appreciated
16178103066595722966273159148271.jpg 1617810358527632934874243260235.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,320 Posts
Can't help directly, but if you go here:
the FSM can be downloaded and reviewed.
Good luck,
TD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wtdash,
Thanks for helping.

I finally figured it out with the help of a YouTube video. They go onto the intake rocker assembly (2 goes into rocker arms and another 2 into the rocker arm holding rod).

Cheers!

·
Administrator
16,349 Posts
Well done - now we know! :)

Could you please complete your profile @BATCHELOR66 ; vehicle details at least, thanks:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Note that any threads / posts you create could be removed if your "Public Profile" is not completed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts