Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is wattson and I was wondering if I could put stock in 2006 wrx headers on my N/A 2006 forester 2.5i, would I have to cut some stuff or would I just be able to slide it in. (I’m trying to get the Subaru boxer rumble). Thank you if you’ve read this and if you have answered this too, have a great day y’all.

· Registered
2010 Forester
143 Posts
@Wattson Headers are cheap to make, expensive to design. Borla did the R&D and made them for a while, then quit. Other makers took the design and ran. I had one on my '03 with a Cobb catback for years, no issues.

· Registered
2010 Forester
12 Posts
@Wattson I had eBay EU headers on my '05 WRX. They were a pain to get on. They didn't align well at either end. Even with that said... For this project I'd probably still stick with the eBay headers. I was thinking of doing what you're talking about. The challenge isn't necessary the headers, but it's the space between the headers and the mid pipe. For that i was looking into a flexible exhaust. Something kinda like this...

TOTALFLOW TF-N63250 Stainless Steel Double Braided Exhaust Flex Pipe-2.5" ID x 10" BL x 14" OAL-w/Extensions https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BK2GBYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_-a5REbVQ499FX

If you go through with it, let us know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts