Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered alloy rims from subaruparts.com? I called the local dealer to get a set of alloys from an 06 X Premium...$330 each!

The five spoke ones on subaruparts.com are $131. I just want a factory set of wheels. I just bought an 06 X and should have bought the Premium package but did not need most of what it offered (tried to save some $$) but I want alloys.

I'll probably get a set of Yokohama Avid V4, 225/60/16 too. The stock tires are too loud on the freeway. I had Avid H4s on another car; I liked them a lot. I'm in Southern California so I'm not worried about snow traction. This will mainly be a daily driver.

Has anyone had any clearance problems going up one size wider on an 06?

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
You'll have a much easier time finding some lightly used wheels here, or on ebay.

If you like the multi-spoke design of the OEM wheels, there are plenty of similar aftermarket wheels out there.

Tirerack is currently having a sale on OZ Superlegerras in the 17x7 size. They're fantastic wheels. Insanely lightweight.

Check out subydude.com as well for everything rota has to offer.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
I have Prodrive P7's on sale for $650 shipped.

There is Gold, Silver, and Flitter left.

Size is 17x7 with 48 offset in flitter, 51 in gold and silver.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
Roo: my apologies. I completely forgot.

Big thumbs up for the prodrive wheels as well. Totally different look than the OZs - much sportier, IMO. I always thought the OZ wheels looked good on german cars, but somewhat out of place on a suby. However - their light weight made it worthwhile in my book. Prodrive wheels just look like they belong on a suby. They do weigh a little more, but they are STRONG!

Here in the NE, subaru sold the '02 bugeye WRX with a "prodrive package" - came with 17" P1 wheels, performance tires, and a few other goodies (I think some lowering springs may have been involved). They were somewhat rare - I think it was a dealer-installed package... very cool though. Don't think i've ever seen it anywhere else...

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice.

Roo, I may go for a set of the silver but what difference is the 48 vs 51 offset? Does that mean the wheel will be 3mm outward and be more flush with the fender? I have an 06 Forester X. Does the different offset and size put much more strain on the suspension or will it void my warranty on drivetrain issues? This is my first Subaru so I'm new to all this AWD and how critical sizing is.

I really don't want a rougher ride. If I go to 17", won't I need to go to a 55 series tire? I'm wondering if I should stay with a 16" and keep the 60 series.

Decisions...decisions...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
The 17's require 50 series in order to remain good with the stock speedo (well, close enough).

The 51 offset fit well on Pleiads' Forester. We were running them with the stock STi tires.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts