Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 forester 4 sp auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All:

I am about to do my new struts and a gorilla lift (1" front 1 3/4" rear)
how is this going to change my alignment, I'm assuming slight camber adjustment. Can this be done at home or do I need to take it to an
alignment shop???

sixer

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Manual
2,506 Posts
I would definitely take it in for an alignment. I put King standard height springs on which give a slight (1/8-1/4") rise and they had to tweak it. Not an immediate concern, but needs to be done soon after. We want pictures once it's done!

·
Registered
2006 forester 4 sp auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ozark08;4814986 We want pictures once it's done![/QUOTE said:
There will be pictures for sure,7-10 days for my lift to arrive, new struts are already here. Doing this in the driveway will take a little longer but the sun is shinin' and the beer is cold.
How much do you pay for an alignment?? I'm going to start phoning around.
Thanks guys(girls?)

sixer

·
Registered
2006 forester 4 sp auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hey All:

I'm a little concerned about the rear 1 3/4 inch lift, will I need trailing arm spacers??? and if yes can these be made at home??? and if so how high. I'm assuming the same height as the lift...

thanks..
sixer

·
Registered
2006 forester 4 sp auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got my lift and new struts done last week ,small problem with my order they forgot the 3/4 inch rear spacers so I just installed the 1 inch in all four corners.
I wanted a little more in the rear but I think it came out looking good. Derek at Gorilla offroad was very quick in refunding me the diffrence .
sixer

·
Registered
2006 forester 4 sp auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

This one sees a lot of offroad so no fancy paint job or aluminum rims,
the green paint and dark grey trim (not Black) will make it easy to camo paint it..
Next is a front receiver for my winch .
sixer

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Ltd 4EAT
6 Posts
Sorry for bringing up an older thread, but did you need the rear alignment kit for the 1in spacers? Does anybody know what the threshold for needing the rear alignment kit? Thinking about getting the 1in spacer kit so i can tuck some bigger tires with some extra room.

·
Registered
2006 forester 4 sp auto
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No need to realign the rear or front ,just make sure you put it back i the same spot.
The spacer kit will not allow you bigger tires. Macpherson struts, the spring seat dictates clearance.
sixer

·
Administrator
16,448 Posts
G'day & Welcome @Brando_wilso
I don't have that info as I did not make them, sorry.
BTW
Could you please complete your profile; vehicle details at least, thanks:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Note that any threads / posts you create could be removed if your "Public Profile" is not completed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts