Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 Forester
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever install 6.5" speakers in the rear?

i dont mind making the stock hole a bit bigger and putting new screw holders in but i'm just wondering it it will fit in there or will it (the speaker frame circumference) be too big for the spot?

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
If you have a dremel, you can fit a 6.5 in the rear doors very easily. There is a ton of room as far as depth goes, and there is also lots of room to trim out the opening for a 6.5. I bet you could even fit an 8".

The only issue is the door panel gives you very minimal clearance, so you don't want a speaker that protrudes very far or you will have issues.

·
Registered
2006 Forester 4spd Auto
5 Posts
If you have a dremel, you can fit a 6.5 in the rear doors very easily. There is a ton of room as far as depth goes, and there is also lots of room to trim out the opening for a 6.5. I bet you could even fit an 8".

The only issue is the door panel gives you very minimal clearance, so you don't want a speaker that protrudes very far or you will have issues.
Which dremel bit do you recommend and how much material has to be removed to install a 6.5" into the 5.5"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts