Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over a year ago, i completed the full mechanical 5spd manual transmission swap into my 06 forester xt. I've been driving on the swap daily since, so mechanically everything is fine. The issue I am having is coming down to the check engine light (P0600) code. It seems like, because I removed the TCM, the ECU cannot detect the module and is throwing the code. I have wired everything else in (Neutral position switch, reverse lights, etc...) but I am unsure as how to tell the ECU that it is now a manual car. Because this is a 2006, as far as I am aware, there is no identification pin to ground to tell the ECU that it is in manual mode. Previous years had this listed on their ECU pinout diagrams, but there is no such pin on my 2006. Also, I am aware that the ECU is both automatic and manual, so im not sure whether to upload a manual rom on the ECU if it already exists on the ECU. Not really sure what to do at this point. I have also looked at every other manual swap forum post I can find to try to resolve this, and I mean every one. If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. Really need to get rid of this pesky check engine light for an upcoming inspection. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts