Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06 Forester 2.5 XTE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Can anyone save me the time of getting under the car and measuring the bore of the exhaust by telling me:

What outlet size I need on a Sports cat pipe (to replace both front cats) I need to mate to the standard exhaust sections? :confused: (I want to keep the rest standard as the I want the Q car look):biggrin:

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
The stock Subaru part is 60mm OD (half way between 2.25 and 2.5").

If you're keeping the stock (restrictive) back box there is little point in a sports cat, just get a decat downpipe and match to a stock underfloor part, it will save you a wedge!

Oh and as its your first post, welcome to the forums.....

Simon

·
Registered
06 Forester 2.5 XTE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers fella,

Am replacing the first cat with a sports cat (as I already have it) and taking the 2nd Cat out completely - this will leave the 3rd cat and the backbox standard - how restrictive is the 3rd cat ands standard backbox.

Went for the sports cat as I dont have a firendly MOT tester near me - he failed me for not having hazard warning lights on my 350Z just because he couldnt find the switch!!

I dont mind taking the 3rd cat out also as long as it will pass the MOT but do really want to leave the back box standard.

Also cheers for the welcome!!

The stock Subaru part is 60mm OD (half way between 2.25 and 2.5").

If you're keeping the stock (restrictive) back box there is little point in a sports cat, just get a decat downpipe and match to a stock underfloor part, it will save you a wedge!

Oh and as its your first post, welcome to the forums.....

Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts