Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Premium 5MT
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock rubber covers were getting well worn with 190K miles, right down to the metal on the clutch pedal actually. I picked up a set of genuine WRX aluminum pedals for cheap, but I'm having difficulty stretching them over the metal pedal. Any tips on getting these on?

I haven't tried to get the gas pedal on yet, but my guess is that I'll have to remove it from the car to do so. I cant tell if it's a small nut and bolt or a pin, but either way it looks pretty tedious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reviving this thread; an answer after more than a year, is still an answer! I did this the other day, and found a painless way to do it in only a few minutes.

For the gas pedal, I removed it from the car (two 12mm nuts). Then with some WD40 on the pin I gently knocked it out using an hex-key socket bit, knocking the pin into a tall socket on a hard surface. With the new pedal in place just knock the pin back in resting the pedal back on the socket.

For the brake and clutch it, it did not look like they were going to stretch over without a hell of a fight. I used some paracord tucked into the top of the pedal

IMG_6120.jpg

Then with it in place (with a tiny application of WD40), pull the paracord out (pulling upward) and it leaves the rubber firmly and correctly attached to the pedal!

IMG_6123.JPG

Ta daa!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts