Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 2.5 Turb Manual
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

While routing a new cable in a 2005 Subaru Forester I found a random, single wire connector that is unplugged, it's down by the accelerator pedal under the trim... I took a picture:

So I looked in the manual and found what I think is the connector.... It's called a "Code Entry Connector", part of the keyless entry system (connector B183 / B184).

Here's the manual:

==================================================================

Now, my question is, What does this connector do if you connect it? (I'm just curious!)

The car and alarm/entry system works fine with it disconnected, so it's not needed to be connected, I just don't wanna break or damage anything on the car by connecting it, so wondered if your genius selves might be able to shed some light on it?

Thanks,

Dan.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,550 Posts
@RatMonkey looks like the optional "passive arming" option for the security system? That's connected & I'm pretty sure the dealership has to enable it with their magic laptop. It's described & pictured in your Owner's Manual in the "Keys and Doors" section.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked all the manuals, no mention of that... (did find out some other things about the alarm system lol) So what/how would the dealers use that?....

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,614 Posts
As it's a UK car the Sigma alarm overides the original keyless entry system. The connectors are for pairing the original 2 button keys to the car and as such can be left un plugged.
If you removed the kick panel on the passenger side you will find a similar pair that are connected (LHD/RHD options -LHD would be reversed).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh, that would explain why the key does not match the pictures in the manual as well, different system! So this connection is not used when the Sigma alarm is installed :) Makes sense...

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,614 Posts
Same system but interfaced with the sigma alarm - 2 button key "contents and cover" replaced with single button and sigma enhanced pcb. We also run the RHD double locking setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts