Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been plagued by the clunk in my for 2005 Forester X recently and after reading many other threads think it is the sway bar bushings. I'll be replacing them this week. With all of the info from here I have come across I've been considering upgrading my suspension.

I use the Forester as a daily driver and also tow an Aluminum boat with it. In what ways can I improve the suspension to make it handle better, I'm thinking of new springs and struts and possibly a different swaybar. I'd like to do it on the cheap with some take offs from the sportier models from subaru. I'd like to achieve a sportier feel while still being able to take it on trips and be able to tow.

Any advice would be appreciated, or if anyone has any parts they'd like to get off there hands.Besides spring compressors are there any specialty tools that I would need for this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow 10 years later and still no advice. Well I too have an 05 forester x and am currently looking to upgrade as well. From what I have experienced 04 wrx sti wagon takeoffs are the best for spring stiffness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts