Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2005 Subaru XT 'La Baca'

('03-'05) 
51K views 411 replies 44 participants last post by  originalcyn 
#1 · (Edited)
Updated June 14, 2014.

So I bought a 2005 Subaru Forester XT 4EAT Premium in Crystal Gray Metallic (CGM) to replace my http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/2001-subaru-forester-s-premium-180473/. I bought this one in Orem, UT with 95,520 miles. I am the third owner. I'm tired of rocks pinging the body, so new mudflaps will probably be the first major mod. (After a Drift Cow decal and other eye candy originally meant for the 2001.) I also removed the front plate being where I live doesn't have front plates. (Pics to come later.)

Current:

Mustang Dyno, ambient temp of 91*F, <5% humidity:

219.3 BHP @ 5335 RPM / 228.8 FT/LB @ 4331 RPM
253.9 BHP / 264.4 FT/LB with WCF

218.2 BHP @ 5210 RPM / 248.0 FT/LB @ 4322 RPM
253.5 BHP / 288.0 FT/LB with WCF

221.2 BHP @ 5226 RPM / 240.5 FT/LB @ 4285 RPM
256.3 BHP / 278.7 FT/LB with WCF

Engine/Exhaust:
-Accessport AP2 SUB-002 (Cobb OTS stage 2 loaded)
-SPT High Air Flow Intake w/ heatshield
-Invidia catless up-pipe
-Invidia V2 Bellmouth Catless Downpipe (Wrapped in DEI exhaust wrap and silicone spray)
-3-Inch Downpipe Adapter
-2006 STi catback
-Paranoid Fabrications Alien Embryo XL exhaust hangers
-Cobb lightweight crank pulley 20oz (Savings of 70oz or 4.375lbs over stock)
-EGT delete
-Banjo bolt filter delete
-Fumoto QwikValve F-105

Suspension:
-Stock

Exterior & Body:
-Gorilla Mud Flaps
-Hella Supertones 118dB (2)

Brakes:
-StopTech 126 slotted rotors (Fronts)
-Akebono ProACT Ultra-Premium pads (Fronts)

Wheels:
-Stock

Current Tires:
-Michelin MXV4

Interior/Electronics:
-JVC Arsenal KD-AR770 head unit
-Lanzar Heritage HTG447 2000 watt amp
-Infinity 1062w 1100 watt subwoofer
-WeatherTech Digital Floor Liner
-AutoMeter Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite -30/+20 Vacuum/Boost Gauge
-GlowShift gauge cup

Plastidip/Flexidip:
-Rear bumper protector
-Rear hatch XT badges
-Grill
-Centercaps

Miscellaneous:
-Tinted windows
-Drift Cow decal
-Gorilla decal
-Turbo Snail decal
-Cobb decal
-Invidia decal
-Boxer4Racing decal
-subaruforester.org SG Turbo decal
-JDM F logo decals
-XTi decal
-GlowShift decal
-Paranoid Fabrications decal
-AutoMeter decal
-In-N-Out decal
-JDM replica license plate
-Yakima Rocket Box (Currently removed)

To do:
-Pro-Tune
-New struts
-Plastidip wheels
-New tint
-More gauges

Progression Pics:

Day I bought it

Removal of dealership stuff

Drift Cow decal

Japanese replica plate

Gorilla Flaps

Plastidipped rear bumper protector

Plastidipped Grill

Plastidipped Grill Revision #1

Hella Supertones

AutoMeter Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite -30/+20 Vacuumm/Boost Gauge

RocketBox

Flexidipped centercaps

See less See more
#6 ·
Let's see it!
I have a pic now!

Woot! Congrats!
Thanks!

ballin!!! now you gotta change your username or peeps are gonna get real confused! Nice upgrade ;)
Nah. I like confusing people.
-----------------------------------
So glad the windows are already tinted. Las Vegas and Arizona are my next stops. Also, I have the same wheels as my 2001 did. I have so many ideas for plasti-dipping them. But I just may leave well enough alone for now.

#8 ·
Yes. Eventually. Haha. Putting on a set of Michelin MXV4 tires. I noticed one had a little bit of dry rot and only had 3/32" on. So new tires it is. Also slapped the drift cow sticker on. May go get an alignment later. Seems good but slightly off.

#24 ·
OMG!

Congrats dude!! awsome fozzy!

How do you like having a turbo?

Little advice.... you cannot easily put an intake on without a Retune. Unfortunatley, with the turbo models, your MAF scaling becomes all askew by changing the size/diameter and volume of air that can be taken into the motor. It will run bad and give you check lights without a retune. Your best bang for the buck is to compile pieces and do either a COBB ots reflash or get the parts and take it to a tuner. To answer your question, you have both... a MAF sensor before the turbo, and a MAP in the manifold.

Welcome to the big leagues buddy !

#25 ·
Having a turbo is pretty nice. Just waiting to see how it affects my insurance. Haha. Thankfully, I'm getting better mpg's than my old one.

So I take it Cobb has preset tunes?.?.? As I mentioned before, turbo's are totally new to me. Sometimes I wish I had an N/A just for familiarity's sake. Who knows, maybe I'll leave it stock for performance, and stick to appearance mods. Seems like you have to have much deeper pockets to modify an XT appropriately. And a digital floor liner from Weathertech may be next to help care for the awesomely clean interior.

#28 ·
I have put over 2000 miles on in 10 days of ownership. And I'll be putting over 1000 more on in the next day or 2.

Notes so far:
- I wish it had a better on center feel.
- It sure does ride nice on the highways.
- If I average 65mph on a tank, I get 19mpg.
- If I average 82mph on a tank, I get 24mpg.

#30 ·
Sorry to hear your trouble dude. Is it cracked at the plastic endcaps, those are known to go? Best replacement is full aluminum rad, a brand new plastic one will have the same issue, especially if you ever want to up the power in the future :cool:

#35 ·
Stage 2+ which would be an 04-07 STi TMIC and VF-39 with catless down pipe and 3inch catback and an intake will net you about 290-300 whp and 320-330 wtq a lot of people run it around here and for the money thats good power if i do say so. this also heavily depends on who is doing the tuning :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.