Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just registered to ask a simple, yet important question for my roommate (I'm a member of NASIOC and used to drive a STi)

My roommate wants a forester and came across this one and he likes the look of it. I'm heading out tomorrow to test drive it and get tons of pictures/videos for him since he'll be away this weekend.

(I can't post the link so... it's on ebay motors under: 2005 Subaru Forester XT) 12000 miles, cold premium pkg, 5 spd manual, clean title.

I understand it's only 12000 miles... but isn't $18k a little too much? I looked around (edmunds and KBB) and it says approximately $11-12k

Let me know what you think!

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,962 Posts
For an 05?!? Yeah, way too much.
You can get an 07/08 for that price with the same miles, if you can find it.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring CVT
1,349 Posts
KBB has trade in for my '05 FXT w/54k miles at over $12k for my location.

Personally, I'd guess the car in question would be worth ~$14-15k at a dealer after negotiation. I think the low miles would add a few hundred to it's value over an average mileage example. Also, you have to ask whether KBB is accurate or not on this vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm... what would be a reasonable offer then? Bring it down to Edmunds.com price? So around 14-15 (According to Edmunds customized price quote). Most of them are Auto and my roommie wants a low mileage, 5SPD.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. My roommate is actually planning on spend around 14-15 so we'll see how I do on getting the price down. If I came in with facts and print out of quotes... I'm pretty sure they'll say "okay." When my roommate called today and asked about dropping the price a little bit, they supposedly said "we can do a few hundred dollars but it's a really low mileage car" blah blah blah. I called BS :D

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Any idea what it has such low mileage? It seems like something with that low mileage could have been sitting around for a while, and might actually have more issues than something that was driven more often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts