Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester LLBean
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I closed the door to the storage box that sits on top of the dashboard in my '05 Forester a few months ago and the plastic piece that keeps the door closed broke off and now the door sits open all the time and its getting annoying. I would imagine I'm not the first person to have this happen. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Alec

·
Registered
2005 Forester LLBean
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry fir the delay in responding. I thought I would get an email when someone replied. Apparently I didn?t click that link when I posted.

Thank you for that link. I think I will have to go that route. Any idea if it is a quick and easy switch?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2005 Forester LLBean
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That?s sweet. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to fixing this thing.

Any idea if the latch can be fixed or replaced? Maybe i can pull the box out and take a peak.

Thanks again.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,046 Posts
They go for around $45 used. I'd pull yours out first & see what's broken.

I do have a couple that I pulled out of our Foresters, stored in the attic & I'd be willing to part out one of them. Let me know what specific part you need & we can discuss the price via PM.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester
1 Posts
@2.5x_sleeper I know it's been a few years, but do you still have any of these compartments that you would be willing to part out? All I need is the black plastic latch clip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts