Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester 5 MT, 2.5 Raptor SC, King 2.5 lift with Primitive under armour. BFG KO2's,Snorkeled.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear of or have a prodrive exhaust? Any help would be awesome.
Jimmy

·
Registered
2001 Forester 5 MT, 2.5 Raptor SC, King 2.5 lift with Primitive under armour. BFG KO2's,Snorkeled.
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry my bad, I meant PRODRIVE!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Went with Vivid Racing model. Fit like a glove on '04 XT. Also, new crossover and up-pipe from grimspeed. Got rid of all pre-cats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! Im just starting the pipe game. I was able to snag a down pipe back prodrive in pristine condition, now Im looking at what down pipe , divorced or bell mouth blah blah blah to go with my 05 XT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@2.5x_sleeper Thanks Bobby! Im starting the exhaust game, how fun it is! Im researching exhaust hangers and the fun question of what downpipe to go with. divorced or bell mouth and will it work with the cobb access port without needing a pro tune. God these things we do to ourselves.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,578 Posts
I have a COBB CATted downpipe, VF48 & STi TMIC, all brand new that I haven't installed yet. I've been dragging my feet on this, as once I install those, I need a new COBB dyno protune. It's been years now & I've been VERY happy with my COBB stock dyno protune.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,158 Posts
With Prodrive based in the UK, you'll likely find more answers concerning Prodrive items in the Euro section

I have a Prodrive Sports Cat Down pipe. It lets me pass emissions but a lot less restrictive compared to standard
I have a Tomei JDM Cat back system and it's brilliant. It's Titanium so rust is no longer an issue and if I want to quieten it down, I can fit the bung that came with it.
Coupled with a de-cat up pipe and a Cosworth air filter, I made ~257BHP on a rolling road on the factory map and found the fuelling to be spot on (Without the sports cat down pipe fitted) It's a nice increase from 211BHP factory.

I do run it on strictly 99RON fuel only.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a COBB CATted downpipe, VF48 & STi TMIC, all brand new that I haven't installed yet. I've been dragging my feet on this, as once I install those, I need a new COBB dyno protune. It's been years now & I've been VERY happy with my COBB stock dyno protune.

Bobby...

THX Bobby, Im new to this. So where do you go to get a COBB dyno protune?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With Prodrive based in the UK, you'll likely find more answers concerning Prodrive items in the Euro section

I have a Prodrive Sports Cat Down pipe. It lets me pass emissions but a lot less restrictive compared to standard
I have a Tomei JDM Cat back system and it's brilliant. It's Titanium so rust is no longer an issue and if I want to quieten it down, I can fit the bung that came with it.
Coupled with a de-cat up pipe and a Cosworth air filter, I made ~257BHP on a rolling road on the factory map and found the fuelling to be spot on (Without the sports cat down pipe fitted) It's a nice increase from 211BHP factory.

I do run it on strictly 99RON fuel only.
Thank you for that info, from the looks of the Prodrive setup I have 2004 wrx, oval, down pipe back(mid pipe and back) its 2.5 I.D. and its a type 1? Im just concerned about what down pipe to purchase so there isnt fitment probs. Here i have access to ethanol free 90 and its what I run in my supercharged subie and my FXT.
Jimmy

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,578 Posts
THX Bobby, Im new to this. So where do you go to get a COBB dyno protune?
If you go COBB... you can also go "open source", you can go to the COBB website to see if there are any local COBB tuners. Keep in mind, a dyno protune is on the expensive side!

I went here, which is local to me:
Bobby...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bobby! i wil hit em up when I get the exhaust hooked up. Right now the OE exhaust is rattling and leaking all over the place, rusty joints etc. The new exhaust will be a blessing.The prodrive cat back will be awsome!
later
Jimmy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just squeezed the trigger on the cross, up and down pipes from Grimm speed!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed the new Grimmspeed pipes and took the car to the local muffler shop to mate the new ceramic signature series pipe. So I picked my car up she sounds wonderful! So I go home , put her up on the ramps to look at thier work and HOLY SH..T! the jackass cut the end off my j pipe and welded a section of 3 inch straight pipe to the Prodrive cat-back! ***?????? Needless to say i went back up and handed them their proverbial asses and the situation will be rectified once they order the new parts to install the exhaust in the correct manner. i am glad that age and maturity prevailed on my part and did not torch the shop!

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,158 Posts
What do you mean by the J Pipe ?
Why on earth would someone cut part of a pipe off, weld in something new directly to the new pipe, so there's no longer a join connection ?
Usually a Cat Back system is part 3+4 in the diagram below - Never heard of the term "J Pipe" when referring to the exhaust.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
part 2 on your schematic. Its a name along with "downpipe". Its the exhaust coming off the turbo going to the cat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The "exhaust pro" at the shop said he cut it because he did not have a flange that would fit my 3" flat flanged pipe ! So i said you couldnt have called and asked me to pick one up for you? I wanna barf!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts