Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2006 FXT 5MT
548 Posts
Just to follow on from this, an easy way to check if your ECU is limiting boost will be to use your new OBD reader and check the IAM/DAM.

If less than 1 (or I think around 0.6 and lower?) it might start limiting boost due to perceived knock events, to protect your motor.

Should only take a minute or two to check.

If that reading is at 1 then I would start poking around your wastegate actuator lines, check for restrictor pill etc.
I think you're right that 1 is the magic number, but I had to use a Tactrix and RomRaider to diagnose when it happened to me. Turned out that I pulled into my prefered gas station from the south instead of the north, which put my filler at the 85 hose instead of the 91 hose. Derp.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Auto
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
thanks everyone for the help... just waiting for the check engine to pop up and see what that is for. In the mean time, what is your opinion for first engine mods. Looking at the cobb accessports. Not sure if it is ok to continue this conversation here or start a new thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 03 JDM FXT right after boost gauge install. Had the car stall a bit, then realized my vacuum lines weren't tight enough. However the same approx 5-6psi or boost max. Where would that restrictor pill be in the boost lines? In the line between wastegate and turbo? If so what direction should it be pointing?

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
284 Posts
Suggestion: I would do pull in 3rd with rpm above 3.5K. Doing a pull on a high gear at low rpms you can kiss ring lands bye bye. Less load on engine.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts