Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently bought my first car being a forester, 2005 2.5L X and i really want to lower it but don’t know what to put into it i’ve read a couple forums where people are putting wrx suspension into it but i don’t know really what to do as i’ve never modifies cars lol just wondering if anyone could help me out

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X RWD JDM 6mt
454 Posts
First question I'd like to know is: How low do you want it to be?

Couple general guidelines:
WRX suspension (02-07) - OEM struts and springs - 3"-3.5" drop
STI suspension (2004 only) - OEM struts and springs - 4"-4.5" drop

Using either of those struts (OEM or aftermarket) with applicable lowering springs will add to the drop listed above.

You can retain your factory struts (or OE replacement) and get Forester specific lowering springs.

Forester specific coilovers, or 02-07 WRX fitment coilovers will also work. If you need it really low.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
9 Posts
Can we simply buy brand new KYB GR2's, springs and mounts for a 2005ish WRX wagon? Then just add the saggy butt spacer? Will that keep the ride quality close to oem Fozzy ride quality?

·
Registered
281 Posts
wow thats a 4-4.5 inch drop?? i woulda thought 4ish woulda tucked the wheel a bit. Its a perfect fit of the fender to wheel position

Any problems with alignment? stock camber bolt can fix the change? and during compression, does it flare out into positive camber and hit fenders?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Can we simply buy brand new KYB GR2's, springs and mounts for a 2005ish WRX wagon? Then just add the saggy butt spacer? Will that keep the ride quality close to oem Fozzy ride quality?
Yes you can. Highly recommended. Ride will be OEM WRX quality.
Buy the sedan struts though, if you can. WRX wagon struts (oddly enough) add too much negative camber on Foresters. The sedan struts do not.

·
Registered
454 Posts
wow thats a 4-4.5 inch drop?? i woulda thought 4ish woulda tucked the wheel a bit. Its a perfect fit of the fender to wheel position

Any problems with alignment? stock camber bolt can fix the change? and during compression, does it flare out into positive camber and hit fenders?

I have had zero problems with alignment, and everything comes to factory spec.
Only ever with the wagon rear struts did I add a camber bolt back there. And that was it.
It aligns and operates just like a WRX, nothing funky going on there, same geometry.

It does tuck it in the front a teeny bit if factory sized tires. With 235/45-R17 its even with the fender.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
9 Posts
Yes you can. Highly recommended. Ride will be OEM WRX quality.
Buy the sedan struts though, if you can. WRX wagon struts (oddly enough) add too much negative camber on Foresters. The sedan struts do not.
Thanks for the response and advice! I appreciate that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts