Just completed my 4EAT to JDM 6 speed & R180 swap.. this post helped me a lot.. Thank You !!
Couple of points regarding my install (04 FXT 4EAT):
1) Cruise Control
- To enable cruise I had to connect wires 11 & 12 together on the 4EAT inhibitor switch harness (instead of running them to the clutch switch). Cruise works with these wires connected but the engine will start no matter what position the clutch peddle is in.
- To enable cruise disable when clutch peddle is depressed, I inserted the clutch peddle switch (connector B107 in the image) to the wiring off of the stop light and brake switch (connector B65 in the image).
2) Enable Launch Control and Flat Foot Shifting
*** I am certified to tune my own cars using Cobb Accesstuner. I also tune using Romraider/ECUFlash.
*** This requires flashing the MT ROM to the AT ECM.. do so at your risk...it worked for me !!!
- First step is to enable the clutch switch to notify the ECM when the peddle is depressed, to do so, you must run a separate wire from clutch switch pin 2 (connector B107 in the image) to the ECM unit pin 1 on connector B134 on the ECM (not shown in image)
- If you are tuning with Cobb Accessport, unmarry the port from your ECM
- Obtain the stock ECM ROM calibration file for the MT ECM from the RomRaider site. (my case the stock AT ROM was A2ZJ201D, I used MT ROM: A2ZJ500I)
- Test write/flash the MT ROM file to your AT ECM, watch for any errors.
- If no errors, write/flash the ROM to your AT ECM
- If you are tuning with Cobb Accessport, marry the port to the AT ECM (which you just flashed the MT ROM onto)
- Enable Launch Control / FFS and set parameters in the tuning software.