Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT, AT with some fun bolted on.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am looking for some help.
Quick back story . . . spun main brgs in Apr 2020, full rebuild on my ej255, my first Subaru engine rebuild started Jan 2021.

Issue:
I am reassembling my intake manifold and the attached picture shows where I am fairly certain my return line is supposed to connect, but, I cannot understand how. I am pretty sure a regular fuel line was on there before but it was cracked when removed and now I don't remember. Its a REALLY tight corner. Should I have a formed line?

Cheers!
thumbnail_20210120_201639.jpg thumbnail_20210120_201637.jpg

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,081 Posts
@Fairchild72 welcome to the forum from Oregon!
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

Note that your thread could be closed until you fill out your Public Profile"!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@2.5x_sleeper Thanks Sleeper, I appreciate the link. I attempted to search figured my terms were too vague. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
310 Posts
Based on these two diagrams:

I believe the hose you are looking for is part number 807707111, which does appear to be a formed hose.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
16 Posts
you should replace all those little hoses and tighten all the hose clamps. they are notorious to come loose and start leaking fuel. i just did mine with new clamps that i can get a slotted screwdriver into and i used just high pressure fuel line from any autopart store. the formed lines are nice, but expensive compared to what i got at the auto store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should replace all those little hoses and tighten all the hose clamps. they are notorious to come loose and start leaking fuel. i just did mine with new clamps that i can get a slotted screwdriver into and i used just high pressure fuel line from any autopart store. the formed lines are nice, but expensive compared to what i got at the auto store.
Thanks for the tip! I did get some new line and was changing them out when I ran into this problem. Hence the question about a formed hose. Ill swap the straight shot pieces as I can but this piece will be picked up today. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts