Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester AutoTragic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. I am having a rather unusual issue with my power windows. Power door locks, mirrors, etc work. From what I see, they are powered from the same SBF in the main fuse panel. I am not getting any power through the thin power wire to the relay. Bypassing the relay, the windows go up and down fine. The ground to the relay checks out fine, but the thing green wire with the black marker is not getting any power. Wiring diagram points to the number 26 fuse, but there is no such thing.

Also, ABS light is on. Trying to diagnose with the jumper method, abs light does not flash to indicate a code. Wondering if the two wiring issues are related......

·
Registered
2005 Forester AutoTragic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir, no other issues. Just the abs light constantly on. Going to check power to the module tomorrow.

I will check the connector tomorrow. Thank you.

·
Registered
2005 Forester AutoTragic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok....05 and up USDM subarus, the jumper trick to read abs is not applicable. At least not on Foresters. So I went old school with wiring diagrams. First, you have to make sure that you have a good ground. Check. Second, is the ABS module getting power??? My was not. This is where multi meter skills come into place. Make a long story short, the wiring loom that runs under the radiator support....well, that a bad spot for it. Found the broken wire by the passenger side fog light. That has been remedied, ABS light should go off....WRONG....ohm out all your brake sensors. They should all read 1-1.5 mega ohm. I always start witht he passenger rear. That one always goes bad. It was the sensor that was at fault.

Second, the power window issue. Changed out the turn signal fuse, all works fine.

I think I am going to write a step by step on how to trouble shoot abs on subarus.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,011 Posts
@Duckie thank you for updating your thread with the solution! I'll add "SOLVED!" to your thread title.

Second, the power window issue. Changed out the turn signal fuse, all works fine.
You didn't mention any issue with the turn signals until now. What fuse did you replace? :confused:

As to your ABS light on issue, you'll need to start a new thread for that troubleshooting. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 Forester AutoTragic
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No sir....I was confused also as the wiring diagrams did not point to it. Wish I could attach a video.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts