Hello all. My 2005 Forester, automatic trans, shudders when first getting underway. Details:
- First there's a sort of squeaking chattering noise, then a pronounced 5 or 6 vibrations that feel and sound like running over a rumble strip.
- This happens between 5 - 10 mph then stops once I hit 10 mph and above.
- It also happens when I slow down and reach 10 mph, but stops when I'm below 5 mph.
- It does NOT happen if I'm facing downhill and just let the car coast up to 10 mph before hitting the gas.
- Turning or going straight makes no difference.
- Car has about 180,000 miles on it, I'm the original owner.