Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 X.I've put about 18,000 miles on it.but due to some recent events i have a Hyundai with 113,000 miles. I drive the Hyundai to work,errands ect.Now my Forester rarely is used.I like the idea of keeping miles off,but could there be any harm done setting so much?This week i've not even moved it. thanks,George :?:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think as long as you're going through a tank of gas in a month or two, you'll probably be fine. I think the big concern is the fuel. You could buy some stabilizer for it, but this would probably be pretty extreme.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Umm...

Make sure you drive it a little at least once a week in order to keep the fluids running through the engine, and the seals wet. When it sits too long, the seals iwill tend to dry out, and then you have leaks.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
When you do drive it make sure the oil gets up to operating temp. You need to flash off any condensation that forms in the oil. Also when you start a cold car a lot of moisture (condensation) will be in the exhaust system, ever notice water dripping from peoples tail pipes? If you don't go far enough to get that out, it will rust from the inside out as it will puddle in there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Peaty said:
When you do drive it make sure the oil gets up to operating temp. You need to flash off any condensation that forms in the oil. Also when you start a cold car a lot of moisture (condensation) will be in the exhaust system, ever notice water dripping from peoples tail pipes? If you don't go far enough to get that out, it will rust from the inside out as it will puddle in there.
Which has happened to me in the past. But not too bad a thing to happen as I got to replace the stock exhaust with wife's blessings :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts