Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I'm brand new to the forums so go easy please.

I've just bought an 05 XT here in AUS and the first thing I want to do is swap out the head unit. After doing research online I've decided I want to mount it up top in the dashpod. I've spent the last week going over forums on here and everywhere else on the internet on where I can find the parts for it. I've managed to get the parts I need (Dash Pod, Pod Base and Both brackets) from japan parts for $230 with shipping. After speaking with Yuki I've come to find out they don't come with screws so I'll have to get them from japan parts too. Problem is it costs minimum $150 extra bucks alone just for 10 bloody screws and I'm no sucker and won't fork out over 50% more for 10 grams of screws.

So my question is does anyone know where I can get similar screws that will do the job? (Prefferably from bunnings down the road haha)
The screws needed are listed on japanparts as: 045005143 TAPPING SCREW, TRUSS HEAD

Or alternatively where I can get the complete dashpod kit with screws and brackets shipped to my door for less than $230 (H0010SA950ML POD)

Please don't link me to previous forums about this topic because I've read through them all and unfortunately being a far bit old now the links to parts etc aren't up to date.

Too clarify I'm looking to get them in Australia, I know subaruparts sells them, but that only ships to US/Canda

Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,804 Posts
@Swegallo Welcome to the forum from Oregon!
Please don't link me to previous forums about this topic because I've read through them all and unfortunately being a far bit old now the links to parts etc aren't up to date.
So you read thru this thread? Specifically, this post I made in that thread?
Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@2.5x_sleeper My Apologies for skipping over your comment oops :/

I've been looking around everywhere to find this bloody part (the whole dash pod) I've got it ready to go on japan parts but it'll cost me $230 bucks. Do you know where I could get it cheaper online?

Thanks,
Jacob

·
Administrator
37,804 Posts
@Swegallo these have gotten overly expensive since they were discontinued! I have seen them for sale on eBay, but most are used & again, on the expensive side!

This is what we got here in the States... USDM, went for around $65/USD.

Note that what you get from Japan or Europe will be different. The JDM version placed the head unit farther forward. If you get the JDM version, make sure you verify what you're getting, as I've seen members purchase one to find they didn't come with that front piece!

Bobby...

·
Administrator
37,804 Posts
This is what my quick eBay search found. What's curious is that it's what used to be only for the USDM! Says shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan, default being the Russian Federation! Too expensive, in my opinion!
If you look above & below the listing, you will see other sellers for these.

Bobby...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@2.5x_sleeper By the looks of things it seems like going through Japan parts to get the dash pod (top and bottom pieces) and the brackets. Then buying those screws you linked from my local hardware store is the way to go. Is there anything I need apart from the items? Cheers lad

·
Administrator
37,804 Posts
@Swegallo as I read in your first post, this is what comes with the POD - "Dash Pod, Pod Base and Both brackets". Is that "Pod base" the front piece? If so, sounds like you're good!

Still strikes me as odd that it doesn't come as a complete kit, including the screws, especially for that substantial amount of money!

Bobby...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts