Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2004 Aspen White FXT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn’t find a good install write up or tutorial for the forester specific Yonaka exhaust anywhere, so here I am.

How the exhaust looks with spacer:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Automotive design

You don’t need to run the spacer but I would strongly recommend it cause if you don’t, the tip will be under the bumper and melt it. The exhaust comes with an adapter with a lip for the spring bolts(right) and a spacer to make the exhaust fit properly(left) but the spacer on the left doesn’t come with 2 extra nuts and bolts, so I used some 1/2 inch nuts and bolts from Home Depot which worked fine. The exhaust also doesn’t come with spring bolts, so you can either re-use the ones you have already or buy some from Yonaka’s website also.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gas Rim Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

You don’t need to buy aftermarket rubber hangers, or even take the hangers off the mounts at all, contrary to what the videos on YouTube say, it just takes some elbow grease and duct tape to mount the OEM rubber hangers on the Yonaka exhaust. The method which I found worked the best was folding duct tape in half and putting it in the rubber hole to pull down and get leverage.

Overall it’s a good catback for the money, it’s quiet enough to not make the neighbors mad, but still has a nice rumble and doesn’t have that weird metallic tin can sound that some exhausts have. I have about 500 miles on mine with no issues or complaints (other than it not coming with the nuts and bolts for the 2nd spacer)

· Registered
2012 Forester 2.5X
1,372 Posts
Looks good, stainless steel too. Nice that the sound and looks are not obtrusive, thanks! BTW, I'd trim the rear plastic valance up away from the exhaust as it may still melt and/or vibrate against it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts