Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
1 Posts
I picked up a full set of black leather heated seats out of an 04 FXT. I own an 06 Forester Sport (Base). Both seats have airbags and both are manual adjustment.

The manuals and the 04 seats match, but the manuals and my car do not. I should have a 4 pin blue square connector for the heater function, a yellow 2 pin connector for the airbag, and white 2 pin for the seat belt switch. Also, I should have 2 connectors for the heated seat switches under the center console area.

On the driver's side I don't have a blue connector on the harness below the seat, and I have two extra yellow connectors that don't go to anything. I have the matching yellow airbag and white seat belt connectors. The seat belt connector is working, but the airbag is not. On the passenger's side, I should just have an airbag and a heater plug, but I have an airbag and a yellow plug that doesn't match anything and a white plug that doesn't match anything. I also don't have any plugs for the heat switches under the center console.

Nothing looks altered or modified. It all looks factory. Has anyone had any experience with this. I don't want to have to do any custom wiring to get the heated seat functionality, but I will if there is no other solution.

Does anyone have an 06 Forester they can double check against mine to make sure I'm not crazy.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5XS
42 Posts
I am going through the same stuff right now, swapped 04 STI seats into my 06 Forester premium. I am having the exact same issues as you...

I am continuing to look online for an image describing which plugs go where, but in the mean time am trying to figure it out myself by looking where the wires go :p

The airbag light can be disabled on the drivers side by shoving a 3.3Ohm resistor into the plug with 2 wires (presenting a dummy load to the airbag control module) but I am unsure if the same can be done for the occupancy sensor in the passenger seat. (you obviously won't have a side airbag if you do this)

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5XS
42 Posts
View attachment Connectors.jpg
your forester does not have the female to the main heat seat connector due to it being base and not having heated seats.Seems like you will likely have to do... a lot of custom wiring to get the heated seats to function. Either that or head to the junkyard and get on the search for an 03-08 Forester or 02-07 Impreza you can yoink the wiring harness out of for the heated seats. Still may have to cut wires depending on the year you get, I believe the 02-05 Imprezas match the 03-05 Foresters and the 06-07 Imprezas match the 06-08 Foresters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts