Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm trying to track down what the nuts bolts and clips look like that hold the bumper to the fender on my 04 XT. I drive with hand controls as I am a paraplegic, and my coworker piled my car into an F-150 for me yesterday instead of driving it to a shop around the corner... his foot slipped off the brake pedal and he killed my otherwise clean (for Michigan) car... I have replacement parts coming but would like to cobble this back together in the meantime. They're all busted and rather hard to identify now. Thanks! -Rudy

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,046 Posts
2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Any dealership worth their salt should be able to pull up an exploded diagram of the area and give you the p/n's off same.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
850 Posts
There’s a bracket that holds the bumper to the frame and clips hold that. If your bumper tabs are broken, you may be able to use 3ms plastic bumper repair but can be more costly than just replacing and painting a new oem bumper cover.

There are quite a few push clips and several brackets and other fasteners.
Can’t tell what kind of damage you have. Removing the bumper will give you a better idea.

You can go to Northcoast Subaru parts and see all the parts and numbers. Put in your vin number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I stopped by a buddy's house who had seen my peril on FB, and after his dad working 30 years as a body man, he has a 5 gallon bucket full of such items. Turns out these little fellas hold the bumper cover to that other piece/the fender. Had to work a little harder to get one in on the side where he hit, (hit the tow hook on a 2019 F-150, front bumper) right to the "inside" of the passenger side fog light. (towards middle of car) I feel much better now that the bumper isn't flapping in the wind. It's really great engineering, come to think of it, that those little guys are made to more or less shear right off in a minor accident, therefore not destroying the fenders too, like they would if they were bolted to the bumper. I'm bummed as it was a pretty clean car for the age, and being in Michigan, but I'll get over it. I already really enjoy this forum and the willingness of people to help, especially in the Subaru community at large. Having been a gear head since age 9, and always involved in the car or motorcycle scene in one way or another, it's something that is often missing in other "groups" if you will. Thanks everyone!!

-Rudy
Ps these are the clippy-do pseudo "Christmas tree" a-majiggers":

1 - 8 of 8 Posts