Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very large crack now in my stock Forester sunroof and i want to replace it myself but my Haynes manual doesn't cover anything related to sunroofs so i'm not sure how to go about replacing it myself. Has anyone done this before? or know of anything that could help me.

Also should i only get the glass replacement from the dealer? or would i be safe to buy it somewhere else without having to worry about leaking?

The repair shops say that it's only a 30 min job so i'd like so save the moneys and do it myself if i can.

·
Registered
2003 XS
2 Posts
Cracked moonroof

I also have a long crack in moonroof thanks to kids screwing around and dropping something sharp right on it point first.

Would be interested in replacement parts and info on how to do the install.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4-speed AT
17 Posts
:huh:

G'day,

I am going through the process of getting my sunroof replaced.

A small crack became a 12 inch crack quite quickly after driving on a winding road ... so I made an insurance claim; all costs covered by my 'comprehensive' policy with no upfront excess either.

For those in Australia: windscreen companies such as O'Brien etc do NOT do sunroofs. I have to get a sunroof from the Subaru dealer. $1270AUD + labour for fitting. There were 10+ in stock at their warehouse, so getting them is not much of an issue.

Looking over the sunroof, it is curved, so a 'glass-cutter' (tradesman) was not able to do the job as a one-off! Finding a second-hand replacement was a matter of searching and searching, and when my insurance policy covered it, I didn't bother!!

Upshot: I recommend a comprehensive insurance cover with glass replacement as an additional extra.

I hope this helps,

Craig :Banane35:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts