Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my 2004 xt turbo manual today when stuck in traffic for 30 mins when I got to 5th gear was a slight slip in clutch then disappeared and drove 200+ miles home when I got home I left it running for 30-40 mins drove down road and slipping in all gears turned off for 30mins drove again down road with no issues at all pulls right through in every gear it's like when u leave it one spot started something drips on clutch

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
738 Posts
hmmmm....

The clutch-system itself is spring loaded. When the clutch pedal is pressed, you are compressing a (set of) spring (s) inside the pressure plate. The resting position is the pressure plate is squeezing the clutch between itself and the flywheel. The only issue I could imagine in the master and/or slave cylinder is if the piston in either is somehow getting stuck and won't allow the pressure-plate to go back to its "resting state" (which would be "clutch engaged")

Generally speaking, if there is something wrong with your clutch slave or master cylinder you would have trouble DIS-engaging the clutch.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts