Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Last night i got in my car as per usual and started driving home from work and opened the sunroof back to where it stops automatically ( about 2 3rds of the way back ).

When i got home, i tried to close it and nothing happend. Tried to open it more - nothing. Turned the ignition on and off. Nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i don't want it to get soaking wet!

Thanks heaps

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
You can close it manually with a hex key in the back of the roof (see owners manuel). Then consult that giant thread link above. At least it doesn't open by it self like mine.....yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i had a flick through that thread - and it seems like the main problem in there is peoples roofs actually going backwards and forwards automatically and not shutting properly.

Mine just wont shut AT ALL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just shut it manually and it started working again but not to it's full capability. If i try and open or shut it, it does it in little jabs and doesn't 'fully' work properly.

At least i can open and shut it now....

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
Luckily, mine fell under warrenty with my local dealer. They said the wiring in the roof had been "crushed." But according to all the auto reports, it hasn't ever been wrecked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts