Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just bought a 2004 Forester XS since I totaled my 2005 Legacy GT in a nasty snowstorm :(

The difference in the sound system is considerable... The LGT was great at stock, the Forester is HORRIBLE even after a brand new Kenwood Headunit was installed last week.

Anyone here know what the best route would be for me to go as far as upgrading the sound? I am not looking to do a ton of mods or add a bunch of amps/subs... Just looking to mayble replace the stock speakers, and perhaps add a single small sub to fill out the bass a little bit.

Also, is it normal in this year Forester to have such terrible sound, or did I just get unlucky with mine? It really is sub par. Tinny, no bass at all, no real good fill... Just bad, no matter what the EQ settings are.

Oh, it sounded exactly the same with the 6-Disc stock unit as it does with the Kenwood.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
50 Posts
if the stock speakers are anything like the ones in my 09 you'll know why as soon as you take them out...Plastic and paper POS.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Get the OEM premium speakers if you want to upgrade on a budget. Yes, they do make a difference (even more so if you add an amp).

·
Registered
04 XT
45 Posts
My XT's factory system is pretty good for stock. I may be upgrading it soon and selling off the factory premiums speakers. Does your model have the 6x9 sub in the back or the tweeters in the a-pillars?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts