Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't think it have the code cause I remember when I was programming a the old fob before I had to the do the turn the the ignition 10 times and I would get a honk

·
Administrator
13,883 Posts
the dash switch panel is not something I've seen on the SG, '03-'08.
Mine has that alarm indicator from new as fitted by Subaru. If the siren is an issue there should be a little key that will turn the siren unit off in the engine bay (if it's the same as mine)

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,605 Posts
@Kevin that security system LED was on the USDM Forester in 2000, later models didn't have that. I'm still trying to figure out what security system he has in his 2004, as the usual "workaround" isn't working for him?

The security system was optional in the USDM 2004, so there's the possibility the previous owner installed an earlier security system, which would explain a lot!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I had the blue and orange first then when I lost that one Subaru switched it to the teardrop
With the hood opener

·
Administrator
37,605 Posts
@Chemically okay, you have the Alpine system that the '04 came with. That means the workaround posted on the earlier posts should have worked for you.

My concern is the LED security indicator, if that wasn't installed by you, it was installed by the previous owner. There's no telling what other modifications were done to the security system, which could explain why the Alpine security system workaround doesn't work?

Bobby...

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
42 Posts
Maybe you could find the fuse for the alarm and pull it? Mind you it sounds like something is wrong if the alarm goes off when you use the key to unlock the driver's side door.
Do you have a Subie alarm or a 3rd party alarm?

·
Administrator
37,605 Posts
Assuming your remote fob was working properly before you lost it. Perhaps now the system has glitched. It might be worth trying a system reset. Do steps 1 thru 4 on the link below.

If that doesn't work, to where the workaround works, than your option may be as I noted below.

So I had the blue and orange first then when I lost that one Subaru switched it to the teardrop with the hood opener
Sorry to say, your best option may be to do this again, as this thread doesn't appear to be going anywhere...

Bobby...

·
Administrator
37,605 Posts
► Disclaimer - I'm NOT advising you to remove anything!

To be honest, I don't know? We installed the security system upgrade in my son's '03 X & as I recall, that involved removing a connector with a jumper & adding relays in addition to the security system module.

Attached is the '03 security system upgrade PDF. I'm providing this as an example of what this accessory installation consists of. NOT saying this is installed in your '04!

Bobby...

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I know you're not saying to remove it I'm just trying to get the car started so I could get the brakes fixed and then I could just drive it to the dealer plug the things back in and say that I lost the fob that's all

Just something temporary so I don't have to spend so much on towing to get something done

Though I would love to do it myself but if I can't I can't and I need to find someone who could

21 - 35 of 35 Posts