Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004, Forester XT, manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A couple of months ago I installed 2005 WRX wagon struts and springs onto my 2004 Forester XT. I have noticed that the back sits lower than the front, I understand this is common and I need to get some sagy butt spacers. The main issue I am having is when I have 2 bigger people in the back (my older brothers) with the car sitting very low in the rear and sometimes scraping on bumps in the road.

What I am confused about at the moment is that I want to lower the car a little bit more especially in the front. I have looked into Whiteline WSK-SUB001 F and R Coil Springs they give a 25mm drop in the back and 30mm drop in the front. From my understanding, these springs are stiffer so maybe the car will not squat as much with a couple of people in the back. Is this true, will this solve my problem? What size sagy butt spacers should I purchase?

Or are there any other springs that you suggest what will give a drop but will be better with a load in the rear of the car?

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
6 subies in, current '02 jdm XT SG Forester
290 Posts
Try and get hold of some sti springs, or wagon specific springs (big bonus if you can get jdm '01 (bugeye) sti wagon springs, they are noticably stiffer in the rear and work a treat for correcting that saggy butt.

Worth noting also that going low low you'll want to get roll center adjusters up the front, as bump-steer is a thing.

If going low low, it's also worth investigating the subframe + gearbox spacer deletes

·
Registered
2004, Forester XT, manual
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply

I was wondering will the STI springs work in the struts what I already have or will I need to get new struts.

Do you no what the spring ratings of the STI springs are.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts