Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2004 Forester Xt
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have wet carpet on the driver side and it DIDN'T come form the door seals.

I was wondering if there was another way for a decent amount of water to get into the footwell not through the door seals thanks

· Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
44,111 Posts
Reactions: BonnieBlack

· Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
1,456 Posts
@Kevin It's not the windscreen I know that for sure. Where are the drains for the cowling and the front moon roof so I can check them. Thanks Kevin
The front moon-roof drains are on either side at the very front of the track. When you open the roof and stand in the door and look down from the top, you can see them.

· Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Manual
84 Posts
Easy peasy, same happened to me. Your drain for the AC us plugged, betcha anything. Rubber tube sticking out the bottom of the engine compartment, towards the cab. Well, in front of where the glovebox is in the inside. On my 2011 anyways. I pushed a piece of wire up there, not to far actually, and about a gallon of water came out. Well, maybe a half gallon. But no more leaks in the cab after that.

· Registered
2004 Forester Xt
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
2004 Forester Xt
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help @Kevin @2.5x_sleeper @GuusV @BonnieBlack

Turns out it was a perished moon roof drains hose and an ever so slight amount through where my snorkel rivets onto the A pillar. (The real volume of water was coming from the moodroof drain) drain had been fixed with some garden hose for now and the snorkel brace was taken off and had more silicone put in the holes and around the bracket itself.

Thanks again everyone.

Kyle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts