Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey So I drive a JDM 2004 Forester XT with about 80k kms on it, so my turbo recently seized on my car and I have been looking all over the place to find a turbo that will fit, I cannot for the life of me seem to find anything of use regarding what I could just buy and then bring to a shop, I am somewhat aware that it comes with the stock TD04? I would like a little more HP but at the same time I really need reliability as I am not swimming in money here, my main thing is that I have found TD04's but most say Baja turbo for the impreza or some sort. Will those still fit my forester?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
109 Posts
An 18G will physically fit, yes, but it's far from a stock replacement. You'd need a tune at minimum, and really upgrading to something that much larger is pointless without many supporting mods.

You want a TD04L-13T, should be able to find a gently used one very cheap on a forum, facebook page or ebay. If you pay over about $200 USD for a used one, you're getting ripped off.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
109 Posts
Is your JDM forester a 2.5 or a 2.0? I'm 90% sure a TD04 is the correct turbo, but I don't know enough about the JDM foresters to say for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey so you guys have been amazing help I made a post before confirming what turbo i need for my JDM 2004 Forester XT which will be a TD04 I am not upgrading the turbo for HP my old one just seized, my only issue is I cannot seem to find nay for sale online anywhere aside from one website that has absolutely **** reviews. If anyone would be so kind as to show me where I could get a good TDo4 turbocharger?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey so you guys have been amazing help I made a post before confirming what turbo i need for my JDM 2004 Forester XT which will be a TD04 I am not upgrading the turbo for HP my old one just seized, my only issue is I cannot seem to find any for sale online anywhere aside from one website that has absolutely **** reviews. If anyone would be so kind as to show me where I could get a good TDo4 turbocharger?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts