Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i’m David

I just recently purchased a 2004 Subaru Forester with 176000 miles on it. Done a few repairs on it such as wheel bearing replacement and a few little things like break pads and whatnot.

I’m looking for some starter mods i can do to make her a little faster, any ideas ?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
29 Posts
Not much to get a car this old "Faster", take the time and catch up with all the maintenance first. (Fluids, hoses, bushings)

Beyond that, as it is N/A, you 'can' get some improvement from opening up the exhaust a little bit, if memory serves, nothing more than 2.25" provides much benefit. A set of free-er flowing headers can help too.

A lightweight drive pulley,from the likes of Grimspeed can help free up a few errant HP, and allow for a freer reving engine.

Ultimately though, you are talking about a 17 y/o wagon with the aerodynamics of a brick. Not much you 'can' do.. There 'was' a thread over on NASIOC about making N/A EJ25 power aimed at Imprezas but applicable here too, I cannot seem to find it now.

I am sure other's will post up what gains they have made. Welcome to the forum, you can check out the build journals for inspiration.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much to get a car this old "Faster", take the time and catch up with all the maintenance first. (Fluids, hoses, bushings)

Beyond that, as it is N/A, you 'can' get some improvement from opening up the exhaust a little bit, if memory serves, nothing more than 2.25" provides much benefit. A set of free-er flowing headers can help too.

A lightweight drive pulley,from the likes of Grimspeed can help free up a few errant HP, and allow for a freer reving engine.

Ultimately though, you are talking about a 17 y/o wagon with the aerodynamics of a brick. Not much you 'can' do.. There 'was' a thread over on NASIOC about making N/A EJ25 power aimed at Imprezas but applicable here too, I cannot seem to find it now.

I am sure other's will post up what gains they have made. Welcome to the forum, you can check out the build journals for inspiration.
interesting , yeah i’d say rather than going for a “faster” approach, looking for things that’ll make her nicer and prouder to have i guess

1 - 3 of 3 Posts