Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Forester X has a bad inner tie rod and I went to replace it today and every part I can find at any store has a larger diameter male end than the rack. The only number on the old inner tie rod is 2607. I cannot find any part numbers on the rack it appears someone painted the rack and removed the plate with it on. I do know it has stamped "Koyo" and "Y4" in two different spots. Searching these together online comes up with nothing. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows what tie rods I need to buy. Secondly I assumed the problem of turning full lock to the left and it making a clunk was due to a work inner but the issue persists with no tie rods and the rack itself seems to become dislodged and moves a solid half inch when you go to full lock. Assuming this is an issue with the rack skipping teeth or another internal failure in the rack. Let me know if any of you guys have any experience with this type of thing. Ready to provide more info if needed.

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
325 Posts
Sounds to me like you are better off ordering from Subaru for those inner tie rods.
Its odd being an 04. Sometimes it a hit or miss with aftermarket replacement parts.
If you think its the rack itself, you have 3 options: Buy new, sent it out for manufacturing, or swap it out with a used but good working part from a junk yard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone found an aftermarket inner tie rod that does work? I have an 04 and just ran into the same problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts