Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2004 forester 2.5 xs. Im just noticing a wobble when the car is at around 2k rpm, there is no noise and the car runs quietly. I did notice when the aircon goes on it seems to encourage the wobble and when I take my foot off the accelerator it will stop wobbling. the car is at 250,000km and had a oil/filter replacement and rocker covers replaced just before I bought it. At higher rpm or lower rpm the car is smooth and has no issues. Any ideas on what could be going on? Im going to replace the spark plugs today and slowly work my way through trying to discover what it could be. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,717 Posts
@Rayne if the wobble feels like its' coming from the engine & notice it more when the A/C is on, have you looked at the harmonic balancer... crankshaft pulley to see it's coming apart?

also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Administrator
15,087 Posts
@Rayne That looks like a lot of play in that video

Been a long time since I checked mine; I should be able to get under the car today and have a look. To check properly is fairly involved i.e.

I won't be doing that of course ;)

Maybe someone else will chime in with some advice as well.

·
Registered
04 forester 5mt N/A, 17 impreza at N/A
93 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,717 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts