Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2004 Forester. It's got some very short factory crossbars. I need to mount longer yakima bars on my vehicle. This setup doesn't appear to have the side rails needed for that. Does anyone know if there is some type of yakima tower that will allow yakima bars to be used ?

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
I know there is a an option from Yakima. I personally have a Thule set up on mine which I love. I'm sure someone will pop up and mention the proper yakima mounts.

Also seeing that you are new! Welcome to our forum!

·
Registered
2004 2.5 XS
6 Posts
subie_roo,

I'd like to know more about your Thule setup. We have an F-150 that we're thinking about selling and just using our Forester for our trips. The problem is that with two adults, one bambino (one year old), all the bambino's things and two dogs, the Forester is not able to handle it all.

You have any tips on maximizing the storage possibilities with Thule? Is it even possible to get multiple bikes (up to 3) on the roof WITH a storage container? or do the bikes get put on the hitch and the container on top?

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Forester
14 Posts
I just put Yakima "RAILGRAB" towers on my 2004 Forester. The Yakima website said this is the tower that they recommended.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
30 Posts
Installed Yakima Railgrab towers with 58" bars today. I am also using Yakima load stops to hold my canoe and a Malone J carrier to handle the kayak. Easy to install and rock solid once you find the right setting for the claws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts