Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting! This forum has solved many problems for me. How about this one.

My right turn signal indicator light will not blink and stays on constantly when I turn on my lights. When I flip the lever for a right turn it will not work with the lights on.

When I switch the lever to make a right turn the heat/air lights also flash but the turn signal works.

When the lights are on the hazard lights don't work. When lights are off the hazard lights work but the heat/air lights flash.

- Both head lights work.
- From a visual . All light work.
- I've got an after market Sony CD IPod Deck.

??

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
6 Posts
Possible related problem and fix

This may not be your problem, but it might help. I had a problem with my lights and turn signal lever a few years ago that sounds somewhat similar. Whenever I put on one of my turn signals (either way I think) my headlights would momentarily go off! During the day this was not a big problem, but at night it was most disconcerting not only for myself but for other drivers who would wonder why I was flashing them. It took me a while to figure out that the lights going off was related to the turn signal, but once I did I looked into replacing the offending part. To make a long story short, there are no serviceable parts in the indicator lever - you have to replace the whole thing - to the tune of about $100 more or less. It's actually a very easy replacement to make and I made a writeup of it - just search for "turn signal lever headlight switch problem" (sorry, I can't post URLs yet!). I suspect that your problem might be related to the turn signal lever problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts