Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Forester 2004 X
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have just bought a used Subaru Forester 2004 X

Inside the rear window there is a big semi-permanent sticker with the original dealers logo.

I can feel the heating wires running on the inside of the windows aswell, so i presume these are also glued?

Is it safe to use label-off and remove the sticker, or should i be careful so i don't damage the heating wires for the window?

Thanks in advance! You guys rock!

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
676 Posts
Hello! I have just bought a used Subaru Forester 2004 X

Inside the rear window there is a big semi-permanent sticker with the original dealers logo.

I can feel the heating wires running on the inside of the windows aswell, so i presume these are also glued?

Is it safe to use label-off and remove the sticker, or should i be careful so i don't damage the heating wires for the window?

Thanks in advance! You guys rock!
I don't know for sure the direct answer to your question, but as worst-case backup, be aware there is electrically-conductive paint sold in little bottles like nail polish, for repair of broken defroster wires. And my gut feel is that solvents won't bother the defroster wires, just don't scratch/push/rub/scrape them much.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Never had to remove a sticker from a defroster grid before but if I had to, I would likely use my steamer and a plastic razor blade to help lift edges of the sticker as I slowly tried to remove it. Mind you, I wouldn't use the blade anywhere on the grid itself but only in places that would help lift the sticker from the glass.

The trick would be not to rip the sticker off but slowly lift it as the steamer helps release the adhesive. This is essentially the way some tint techs remove old film from rear windows.....using a steamer. I have a semi expensive Dupray steam cleaner but even the handheld clothes steamers could do the trick.

I'm not familiar with the chemical product you mentioned so I'm hesitant to say whether it would be safe to use on the defrost lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts