Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago, I noticed my 04 forester xt just doesn't feel as quick as it used to. It seems to run just fine, but power below 3k is non existant anymore, and it just doesn't pull hard. I have stage 2 cobb with downpipe back and still manage 14.5 lbs but it just doesn't feel quick. The idle maf shows 1.7 volts, and wide open it's at 3.2-3.6 in third or fourth. The maf g/s max was 158 in third and 162 in fourth. Timing seemingly fluctuates normally between 25-40 degrees. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
279 Posts
have you done a boost/vac leak check? 1.7 is pretty high at idle. I'd start with maybe cleaning the sensor first, check all the wires. I'm sitting between 1.2 and 1.3v at idle for the MAF. Also, do you have an intake? If so, which one?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,291 Posts
And if that's the stock TD04, time for a new one...they fail.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
5 Posts
is your DAM dynamic advance multiplier at 1, have you checked feed back knock on your logs. A/f corrections?

·
Registered
2012 XT Touring 4EAT
3,751 Posts
And if that's the stock TD04, time for a new one...they fail.
At 14.5 psi boost???? They may fail, but the OPs TD04 hasn't reached that point yet, not by a long shot (or long boost).

·
Registered
2004 FXT
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In case anyone else has this problem, it ended up being the charcoal canister had broken apart, and some of it got sucked up into the line, not allowing it to vent properly. I ended up dping the jdm hose routing for the purge valve under the hood. I checked and cleaned out all the Evap stuff, and emptied out the canister of all carbon ( replaced it afterwards). I was able to fuel up again as normal and all my low end torque came back. I wasn't throwing any check engine lights either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts