Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Create Value
2004 FXT 5MT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I snapped one of the blue adjustment screws off the back of my Lamco oil temp gauge by accident.
I can't seem to find the part number listed on the blue screw head anywhere online.
Anyone know where I could source replacement parts?
Anyone got a spare oil temp gauge (with or without sender) they want to sell?
Looks like the PCB is EN4021-6F and the blue adjustment screw is C "0" (?) 202d where the "0" has a lightening bolt in it?

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,478 Posts
@cre8value as I see it...
  1. Your easier & least expensive option would be to reattach... glue that potentiometer cover back on VERY carefully
  2. If you look for a replacement, start by measuring the resistance of the potentiometer to get the resistance value you need. To get an accurate ohm reading, you may need to remove the potentiometer from the circuit board.
I'd start with #1. If that repair fails, proceed to #2.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Reactions: cre8value

·
Create Value
2004 FXT 5MT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bobby. Any idea what the 2nd adjustment screw is for, by chance? It was covered with a small sticker on the outer casing of the gauge.

·
Administrator
38,478 Posts
@cre8value no first hand experience, but if it was covered, my guess, factory calibration?

Also, you might contact the manufacturer of that gauge to see if they offer a repair service. You could also do an internet search for companies that repair gauges. Either of these options could be expensive!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Create Value
2004 FXT 5MT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow up Q, Bobby @2.5x_sleeper:

Does this faded and hard to see diagram look accurate to your understanding of the Lamco wiring in our FXTs? Can't seem to find the wiring/pinout/diagram info anywhere, but came across this on Google Images:

Attachments

·
Administrator
38,478 Posts

·
Create Value
2004 FXT 5MT
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that habit of obfuscation plus the complete lack of literature online is making the project harder. I have a set of Omori (although looks like Omoni but it's Omori) gauges lying around that I picked up ages ago.

The Omori gauges came with harnesses that actually plug directly into the Lamco harness used for the Lamco oil temp gauge, but the Omori doesn't work. I started splicing with educated guesses and got some progress, but I'm very confused at the same time. The Omori gauge takes a 10-pin connector. Not finding any diagrams so I'm trial-and-error guessing what the 10 pins mean. I've got the gauge illumination working but that's it. If anyone happens to have Omori gauge install guides or wiring diagrams/pinouts laying around, please share.

20200916_133427.jpg
Omori Oil Temp gauge

20200916_133402.jpg
10-pin that goes into the back of the Omori Oil Temp gauge.

20200916_133404.jpg
Other side of the 10-pin that goes into the back of the Omori gauge.

20200916_133355.jpg
4-pin that connects to the sender. Sender only has 2 wires (RTD). Confirmed continuity from sender to the two associated wires on this plug.

20200916_133312.jpg
5-pin Lamco harness. WHT and WHT/BLU are the wires that go to the Lamco sender. I believe RED is +12v, YEL is ILLUM, and BLK is GRND.

20200916_133340.jpg
5-pin Omori harness that plugs into the 5-pin Lamco harness.

Not sure how to proceed. Through trial and error I hooked up the vehicle's illumination wire to the gauge's signal input and was able to actually control the sweep of the needle with my dash dimmer knob. I think this indicates the gauge is functional, at least. Why the gauge needs 10 pins to operate, I also don't understand.

I don't really have an organized question here, or any expectation that anyone knows how to properly hook these up, but figured I'd at least document it if someone were to trip over this mess of a thread in the future.

Even with the Omori Sender > Omori harness > Omori 4-pin plug > Omori harness > Vehicle 5-pin Lamco plug > Omori harness > Omori 10-pin plug > Omori gauge, nothing works at all. No lights, no sweep, no illumination, nothing. Only by splicing one by one was I able to get at least illumination to work on the gauge.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts