Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Japanese Spec'd 2004 Forester XT sight unseen from a used car exporter in Japan. It has a 2.0 liter turbo engine. What puzzles me is the engine code:EJ20C. The "C" is the puzzling part.

I can find nothing on this engine anywhere. Horsepower, torque? A thread on another forum I found had one guy saying that it was a compressed natural gas (CNG) motor, but I'm assured that it runs on petrol.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I know it's really too late but I just bought an blobeye impreza 2003, I'm Peruvian and I have the same problem. The engine of my car is EJ20C, but it's naturally aspirated and I know this engine comes in 90's forester. I was thinking I can find something of my engine but I'm so confused. In my owner's manual it says the engine have 123hp and 185Nm. Wonder I'm helping someone.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,621 Posts
Hi! I know it's really too late but I just bought an blobeye impreza 2003, I'm Peruvian and I have the same problem. The engine of my car is EJ20C, but it's naturally aspirated and I know this engine comes in 90's forester. I was thinking I can find something of my engine but I'm so confused. In my owner's manual it says the engine have 123hp and 185Nm. Wonder I'm helping someone.
From where are you obtaining this "engine code" ??
A picture of the VIN plate may help to clear the matter up

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,621 Posts
On another web site there has been a discussion about Subaru block casting codes and one that has come up lately is S20C - is this the source?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts